ORGANIC DUAL SIDED COT BED MATTRESS 70 X 140CM
A Premium Eco Friendly Natural Cot Mattress, Handmade with Natural Latex, Coir (Coconut Fibre) and Organic Cotton & Sheep Wool. With No Toxic Harmful Chemicals or Fire Retardants, It Is Naturally Hypoallergenic.
The natural cot mattress is 2 Sided, making it versatile and durable:
- The Firm side, recommended by safe sleep experts for younger infants, to provide support and ensure they do not overheat.
- The slightly softer side, ideal for toddlers to transition to as they require greater comfort and pressure point support for growing bodies.
The Snoozel Green organic dual sided cot bed mattress will provide natural sleep support for your little one from new born to toddler!
Benefits of an Organic mattress
Having an organic cot mattress for your baby comes with a whole host of benefits for you, your baby and the planet:
- Better sleep - The versatility of the dual sided mattress ensures that your baby/ toddler will always have the perfect sleep surface, keeping their bodies fully supported and comfortable as they grow. The natural materials also promote better sleep as they wick moisture away from the surface and thermoregulate to keep the little ones warm in the colder months and cool in the Summer. And we all know that when your baby sleeps more comfortably you too will sleep more soundly! You can find out more about the Latex, Cotton, and Sheep wool and see just how amazing they really are.
- Healthier sleep - The awesome natural and organic materials we use aren't just great for comfort and support, they are actually far healthier than their synthetic alternatives. There are absolutely no toxic chemicals or fire retardants used in our organic cot mattress, so your baby won't be breathing in harmful VOC that are off gassed from synthetic foams. The materials are also naturally antibacterial creating a dry sterile environment stopping the growth of bacteria, moulds, dust mites and microbes. In turn this makes the mattress hypoallergenic as dust mites are the main cause of bed related allergies. You can find out more about the health benefits of our materials here.
- Better for the planet - All Snoozel Green products have been developed to use the highest quality natural and organic materials that have the lowest impact on the environment, whilst benefiting the people and societies that produce them. We go to great lengths to source our materials from responsible producers who are organic certified wherever possible. You can read more about our credentials to see just how great our products are.
All sizes are in centimeters (cm),
width x length x depth.
70 x 140 x 10 £199
- Cotton: GOTS certified Organic (Drill diagonal weave)
- Weight: 125 grams per square metre (GSM)
- Colour: Natural unbleached (Greige)
- Sheep Wool: Himalayan Organic certified
- Weight: 500 GSM
- 100% natural A grade latex graphite blend sheet
- Density: 75 kilograms per cubic metre (KCM) on top
- Thickness: 3.75cm
RUBBERISED COIR (COCONUT FIBRE)
- 100% natural A grade latex graphite infused coir
- Thickness: 4cm
- BS 7177 - meets the requirements of BS EN 597-1 (cigarette) and BS EN 597-2 (match), therefore can be classified as low hazard (domestic use).
WHAT DELIVERY SERVICE DO SNOOZEL GREEN OFFER?
We use a two-man courier service for all our deliveries.
Our Standard service is FREE, and includes packaging disposal and delivery to room of choice up to the 2nd floor (please contact us before ordering if you need to go higher than this without a suitable lift).
Delivery crews wear safety boots with overshoes before entering the premises but may need to place the item on the drive or path to put the overshoes on. Because of Health & Safety requirements they are not permitted to remove their safety boots.
All goods will be unpacked to allow full inspection of the products, unless the customer requests otherwise.
Packaging will be taken out via the same route as entry and returned to the vehicle for recycling.
WHERE DO SNOOZEL GREEN DELIVER TO?
We deliver to all of the UK mainland.
HOW LONG DOES DELIVERY TAKE?
We aim to get your items delivered within 10 working days of your order being placed.
BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER
Ensure items will fit into your property. You must check the measurements of doorways, corridors and stairways and ensure all floors are can be suitably covered and any obstructions are removed to allow courier access. Our crews are not permitted to move any of your personal items unless they are fully indemnified by you via a signed disclaimer.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE PLACED MY ORDER?
Once you have purchased, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our courier will then email you 2-3 days ahead of the suggested delivery day, and a 4 hour time slot, giving customers sufficient time to plan arrangements to receive delivery. e.g. on Wednesday the courier will email slot offers for Saturday delivery.
Unfortunately we cannot offer guaranteed delivery dates / time-slots but always do our best to meet any date preferences.
WHAT IF I NEED TO RESCHEDULE MY DELIVERY?
If you’re not able to make your selected delivery date, contact Snoozel green (email@example.com) or the courier directly (contact details in their email confirmation) as soon as possible to rearrange another date. You must give the courier a minimum of 24 hours notice if you wish to change delivery date. Failure to do so and a wasted courier journey may incur a redelivery charge of £60.
WHAT HAPPENS IF SNOOZEL GREEN NEED TO RESCHEDULE DELIVERY?
If the driver cannot get to your area or cannot arrange the delivery on the time and date promised, it will be rescheduled for free. This also covers any times where the courier runs out of their accrued driving time, or is encountered with an event that prevents them from delivering your goods on the scheduled date.
In the event that a delivery cannot be made on the scheduled day (either due to the fault of the couriers or an event outside Snoozel green’s control), the courier will do their best to keep you up-to-date and advise whether or not they are able to deliver the goods on the day. In case they cannot, we will reschedule your delivery for the next available day by default, unless advised otherwise by yourself.
We will not be liable to cover any additional costs resulting from the delivery failure or be liable to pay compensation for the inconvenience. We will however do our best to reschedule for a day which is convenient for you.
- On the day of your delivery you will be contacted by the delivery team when they are 30-60 minutes away from you.
- Delivery crews wear safety boots with overshoes before entering the premises but may need to place the item on the drive or path to put the overshoes on. Because of Health & Safety requirements they are not permitted to remove their safety boots.
- The delivery crew will walk the route to the room of choice, and discuss any issues with the customer to avoid any potential damage. If the route is challenging, there may be a need for a disclaimer to be signed by the customer. If disclaimer not signed delivery maybe aborted.
- All goods will be unpacked to allow full inspection of the products, unless the customer requests otherwise.
- Packaging will be taken out via the same route as entry and returned to the vehicle for recycling.
- The courier will carry an electronic PDA device (or a printed POD) which will require your signature at the point of delivery. The signature will usually include signing for the numbers of items highlighted on the PDA/POD.
- This signature is legal proof of receipt of the good so if you think that the delivery is incomplete, you need to make the drivers aware at the point of delivery and make notes on the delivery. Failure to do so and signing the documents for all the items will complete our contract with you, providing all the items on the order have been signed for.
- For the above reasons, the recipient has to be over the age of 18. In special circumstances where the only possible option for delivery is to be received by a minor, we require prior notice in writing from the person ordering the goods, or we might refuse to deliver and charge redelivery costs.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE COURIER CAUSES DAMAGE IN MY HOME?
While delivering/collecting from your property, the drivers will operate with as much caution and attention as possible to carry out their job in a safe and efficient manner.
If the drivers damage your property or home, it needs to be immediately reported to the couriers. However, if the damage is noticed after delivery has occurred, please contact either Snoozel Green (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the courier directly within 24 hours with pictures and evidence, and the claim will be processed.
Snoozel Green accept no liability for the conduct of the couriers used to complete the job.
5 year Guarantee
Sleep naturally with the peace of mind that your Snoozel Green cot mattress is covered by our 5 year guarantee. We will replace or repair all cot mattresses that falls within the scope of our 5 year guarantee set out below (the “Guarantee”).
1.1 This Guarantee only applies to Snoozel Green Mattresses and toppers purchased in the UK.
1.2 Subject to any pause in accordance with clause 4.7 and or any invalidity which may arise by virtue of clause 3, this Guarantee is effective from the date your Mattress or topper is delivered and expires 5 years from that date.
1.3 This Guarantee is for your benefit as the original purchaser only and is not transferable to any other person. If you sell or transfer the Mattress or topper, or by any other means relinquish ownership of the Mattress or topper, the subsequent owner accepts the product ‘as is’, including all faults, and has no right to claim under this Guarantee.
1.4 This Guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your statutory rights in relation to defective products as set out in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and any other relevant consumer protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK.
2.1 Subject to clause 3 and 4, you may seek to claim a replacement Mattress or topper under this Guarantee where your Mattress or topper exhibits one or more of the following material defects:
(a) the latex has split, cracked, torn or otherwise failed to retain its structural integrity;
(b) any material manufacturing defect affecting the cover, which causes it to rip, split or tear (NOTE: DEFECTS TO THE COVER WILL ONLY BE GUARANTEED FOR ONE YEAR).
(c) another material defect or combination of defects in the materials or workmanship which is not attributable, in Snoozel Green’s sole opinion, to the Mattress or topper being treated with a lack of reasonable care and does not fall within clause 3.
3.1 We reserve the right not to honour claims under this Guarantee at our discretion, in any circumstances, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) the fault complained of relates to the normal softening of the Mattress or topper with age, whether attributable to the settling of the materials or otherwise;
(b) the fault complained of is normal wear and tear which could reasonably be expected to result from the Mattress or topper being used as a mattress or topper for sleeping on and in accordance with our instructions;
(c) the fault is the result of any kind of accident, abuse, negligence or wilful damage whether by you or any other person, animal, weather event or otherwise;
(d) the fault is the result of a force majeure event or act of nature beyond our reasonable control, including but not limited to fires, floods, natural disasters, wars or acts of terrorism;
(e) the Mattress or topper is in a soiled or unsanitary condition;
(g) the complaint relates to comfort preferences or localised firmness changes in the mattress or topper.
(h) where the mattress or topper is not used for its intended purpose as a mattress or topper for sleeping on, or is used in a manner contrary to our instructions regarding use, including without limitation, use by any individual weighing more than 18 stone (114kg), or where you fail to rotate your mattress or topper (by rotating the mattress or topper from “head to toe” on a horizontal plane, as opposed to “flipping” the mattress or toper on a vertical plane) at least once per month in the first three months following delivery, and thereafter at least once per six months;
(i) where the mattress or topper has been used without reasonable care. A user will be considered to have lacked reasonable care in circumstances which include but are not limited to the following:
(i) use without bed linen;
(ii) use with an unsuitable bed base. We consider a suitable bed base as including, but not being limited to, a supportive, dedicated mattress platform designed specifically for supporting a mattress, including a sprung or slatted bed frame, a divan base or a box spring. The slats on any slatted bed frame must be more than 2 inches in width and be no greater than 3 inches apart (most slatted bases are designed like this anyway). We don’t recommend the floor and other similar solid surfaces for our mattresses and toppers because they prevent the mattress and topper from breathing and ventilating on a vertical plane. These details regarding suitable bed bases are examples, given as non-exhaustive guidelines only, and Snoozel Green reserves the right to determine in writing whether a given bed base is suitable or not. Where you have any doubt as to whether a bed base, surface or platform is suitable, contact us and we will be able to confirm this for you in writing.
(iii) the mattress or topper being, handled or otherwise dealt with improperly, including by storing it on its side (we recognise that carrying and/or transporting the mattress or topper on its side may be necessary from time to time in order to affect its movement between rooms and/or premises, but we recommend keeping any such movement to a minimum); and/or
(iv) any other treatment which we reasonably consider as lacking the requisite degree of care.
(j) where you attempt to alter or repair the mattress or topper without our approval, consent or instruction or attempt to clean the mattress or toper with improper cleaning products or techniques (see our FAQ section for details);
4.1 Any claim under this Guarantee must be received within 30 days of the date you actually discovered the defect, or the date you ought reasonably to have discovered the defect, whichever is earlier.
4.2 Claims should be made to the original point of sale of the mattress or topper. For example, replacements for defective mattresses and toppers purchased on our website should be claimed directly from us by emailing email@example.com, while replacements for defective mattresses and toppers purchased through an authorised retailer should be claimed through that authorised retailer.
4.3 Upon seeking to claim under this Guarantee, Snoozel Green may require that your Mattress or topper is inspected in person by our independent inspection agent. Where you decline to facilitate this we shall be entitled to reject your claim. The report produced following such inspection may be used to assist us to determine whether your Mattress or topper falls within the scope of this Guarantee and therefore whether it is eligible to be replaced. Snoozel Green (with reference to the report of our inspection agent, if such is commissioned) is the sole arbiter of whether a mattress or topper is faulty and qualifies for a replacement under this Guarantee.
4.4 If Snoozel Green decides that you may receive a replacement Mattress or topper, the replacement will be delivered to you by our standard delivery method at no cost to you within 30 days of your claim being accepted.
4.5 Snoozel Green will either collect the faulty Mattress or topper upon delivery of the replacement, provided the collection address is in the country of purchase, or if agreed, arrange for you to return the Mattress or topper to us.
4.6 Snoozel Green will replace a Mattress or topper under this Guarantee a maximum of two times per order/customer. Any subsequent claim sought to be made under this Guarantee will, if accepted by Snoozel Green (in accordance with this clause 4), be honoured by way of a refund rather than another replacement. Snoozel Green reserves the right to deduct amounts from the value of such refund to account for use made of the product prior to any defect arising, assessed with regard to the time which elapsed between the delivery date of the Mattress or topper and the date of the claim. Snoozel Green is the sole arbiter regarding the amount of any such deduction.
4.7 Where a claim is made under this Guarantee, its duration will be paused until either (i) the claim is rejected by Snoozel Green or (ii) the claim is accepted, and a replacement Mattress or topper has been delivered by Snoozel Green. Upon the occurrence of either of the aforementioned events the duration of the Guarantee shall continue to run from the point at which it was paused until it expires in accordance clause 1.2.
This guarantee was updated and applies to all Mattresses and toppers ordered on or after 9th October 2020.
Avoid washing or dry cleaning the mattress. We recommend blotting the stained area, and once dry using warm water and a natural detergent gently massaged into the area.
- Internal dimensions of the furniture should be no greater than 2cm more than the length and width of the mattress.
- If any part is broken or torn please inform us immediately and do not use the mattress.
- Always be vigilant to the risk of fire and avoid placing the cot mattress close to open fires, radiators, electric heaters etc.
What size is a cot mattress?
The Snoozel Green dual sided cot bed mattress is 70cm x 140cm x 10cm. This is a standard UK size designed to fit the vast majority of cots, but always double check the dimensions of your cot before placing your order.
Can you reuse a cot mattress for a second baby?
Quite simply yes, and we always encourage people to maximise the use of our product and avoid wastage. The natural materials are extremely durable and designed to last a long time so there is no reason not to reuse it yourselves or pass it on to friends and family. *ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT THE SURFACE MATERIAL IS NOT TORN OR TAGS RIPPED TO ENSURE THERE ARE NO POTENTIAL CHOKE HAZARDS.
How often should you change a cot mattress?
A Snoozel Green dual sided cot bed mattress should easily last until your child grows out of it, and it has the benefit of being dual sided. The firmer side is perfect when they are very young, and as they advance to toddler age you can flip it over to the softer side for them. *IF THE SURFACE MATERIAL OR TAGS COME LOOSE OR ARE TORN YOU SHOULD ENSURE THEY DO NOT POSE A CHOKE HAZARD. IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT PLEASE DO CONTACT US.
Can parents sleep with a baby in the same bed?
There are different views on this, and individual circumstances to consider, so we would recommend contacting a qualified paediatric medical professional for their advice.
Are latex cot mattresses safe?
Latex is a great mattress material for adults and children alike. It offers great cooling offering comfort, support, and is chemical free as it does not contain any toxic fire retardants, so your little one can enjoy a naturally peaceful sleep.