The Snoozel Green organic wool topper is a great way to add extra warmth and comfort to your bed. Wool toppers have been popular for decades, synthetic toppers are available and, like most things related to purchases for your bedroom, you can pay as little or as much as you like. Is an organic natural wool topper any good? We think so, and here’s why we thought the Snoozel Green topper was a natural next step for us in our natural, organic product portfolio.
Benefits of organic wool mattress toppers
Organic wool is a naturally hypoallergenic material, so it has an added advantage of being safe for people with allergies. Plus, because organic wool comes from sheep that are free-range and not mulesed (a controversial practice), you can sleep easy knowing your mattress topper was made without cruelty or harm. Organic wool also provides excellent insulation year-round thanks to the natural ability of the fibres to act like tiny air conditioners in summer months and electric blankets in the winter — this means less tossing and turning at night. Using bedding materials such as these may even lessen symptoms associated with asthma due to their strong anti-microbial properties. Finally, because wool is incredibly durable we’re confident that it will last longer than a synthetic alternative.
Wool mattress toppers vs. synthetic toppers
Our organic wool mattress toppers are naturally better than a synthetic alternative because wool has an innate ability to wick away moisture. Wool is also hypoallergenic and resistant to dust mites. The Snoozel Green organic wool topper, like our mattress, also has a layer of 100% natural A grade latex. This not only adds an extra layer of comfort but also safety. Why? Wool is naturally fire resistant. The natural latex we use in our organic wool topper has graphite added to it during the production process.
Why wool mattress toppers are better for your body and the planet
- Stronger and more durable than synthetic materials.
- Resistant to dust mites.
- Wool (and natural latex) is naturally fire retardant.
- Organic wool is a renewable resource because it grows on animals and can be sheared every year to produce new, thicker strands.
- It's eco-friendly because organic sheep are raised without chemicals or antibiotics in their food or water.
- No pesticides are used during the farming process for both plants and livestock, so no toxic residues make it into your final product! Organic wool also requires less energy than other types of fabric production.
Like our mattresses our toppers come with a five year guarantee and a 101 night risk free trial. We’re confident you will feel the difference, please get in touch if you have any questions about our natural organic wool topper, mattress or our pillows.